I'm going to be honest here...I have a love/ hate relationship with social media.
I know it sounds odd coming from an online entrepreneur but really I have mixed feelings about social media. Believe it or not, I'm actually quite introverted and a private person. I get friend request from people all the time and they will probably stalk my profile wondering why I don't post anything. I much prefer to hang out in my group page, The Leadership Collective (if you're not there...join us!).
Here's what I love about social media:
- It's a fantastic lead generator for your business - if done right you can get leads daily!
- There are so many options to choose from ( Facebook Business page, Facebook Group Page, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn - which is my favorite by the way, and even new platforms launching)
- It helped me launch my business into a 6 figure earning machine
- Most importantly, it connected me to the right clients and some of the best mentors in the world
But here's the flip side:
- It can feel daunting to constantly have to post in order to gain visibility and exposure
- There's this lingering guilt if you missed a day of posting and feel like a hamster on a wheel recreating your efforts to get back into the algorithm game (which if you know how to play it go you!)
- It can mess with our minds. When your posts lack engagement (likes, comments, shares) you start to question yourself and wonder what are you doing wrong. Piece of advice on that: continue to show up no matter what. You're in specific places for a reason with a message. Share it and don't rely on numbers to keep you going.
Here's the thing: Social Media is here to stay and it's not going anywhere. Well it is...going to only get bigger so social media does have an impact on your business. But it's up to you to determine how you are going to leverage it. Keep it real - all day everyday and please don't feel guilty when you decide to take a break and shut off the phone. One day isn't going to hurt your business growth...